Pages

Wednesday 23 January 2019

My home town

L.I to describe your hometown.

My Hometown

Hometown is described as a place where one is born and grew up. I have more than one hometown as my parents kept moving due to the nature of their work. I was born in Lautoka, in Fiji Islands. However for my first five years, I grew up in Nadi in Fiji.

I moved to Tavua, a small suburb when I was six years old. Tavua is two towns away from Lautoka. My grandparents from mom and dads side lives in Tavua. Tavua is a rural town with about 5000 population. The livelihood of people depends on farming and some work in the oldest gold mine and a natural water bottling factory.   All three of my hometowns were in western part of Fiji.  Tavua did not offer lot of opportunities for extra activities, therefore I use to travel to Nadi for my swimming and Karate classes in the weekend.  I lived in Tavua for 3 years before moving to New Zealand.

My current hometown in New Zealand is Auckland and I live in suburb named as Panmure. I live in the main Panmure town and this hometown offers a lot opportunities for  extra curricular activities.  Leisure pool, library and parks are just stone throw from home. There is lot of multiracial people who lives in this town and I enjoy interacting and knowing them an their cultures and  lifestyles.

I  am glad that I have many hometowns. Moving away from one is heartbreaking as I left my family and friends behind but on the other hand it helped me to learn and experience so many new things in life.

Image result for panmure

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vayan,
    Well done on finishing this activity. I like how you managed to describe two of your hometowns. What is your favorite place in Tavua? What is your favorite place in Auckland? Mine is Rainbow's end because I get to go onto so many cool rides. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Vayan!

    It’s great to see you blogging with us! My Name is Hasiba, I am from Summer Learning Journey team. I love my job because I get to see heaps of Kiwi kids blogs! Just like yours!

    You are so lucky to have had two hometowns! Just like you I also have two hometowns! My parents are from Afghanistan and just like you I lived there till I was five years old.

    Just like you, I love how multicultural Auckland is! I live 5 minutes away from the city! And I love being able to eat all kinds of food from different country! What’s your favourite cuisine?

    Keep up the creativity and hard work
    He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete