Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Pigpen chiper





 For this activity we learnt about the pigpen chiper. The pigpen chiper is a code system, it uses sides of the tic tac toe grids for letters A to. For letters J to R it is the same bu you need to put a dot in tho box, for letters S to V you have to draw an X. Lastly for letters W to Z you do the exact same but just put a dot in the box. We had to decrypt a hint that would lead us to a beach where the cave with the treasure was, we also create our own pigpen chiper clue to what our favorite beach was.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Viyan,

    Wow, I love your coded clue! That was awesome, ka pai!

    I think your favourite beach is Ninety Mile Beach!

    It is a great beach. It’s so funny that it isn’t really ninety miles long!

    Do you often go to Ninety Mile Beach?

    I once got caught in a rip at Ninety Mile Beach. It was a bit scary! I waved to my Dad for help but he thought I was just saying hello! Luckily I was able to float out.

    I’m excited to see what you create!

    Ngā mihi,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte thanks for your comment.
      Your guess was right my favorite beach is 90 mile beach, I have been to 90 mile beach a couple times but haven't had the chance to go this year.

      Delete
  2. Hi Viyan

    Well done with this activity. Codes can be a lot of fun to learn about.
    Have you found a photo of Ninety Mile beach? While it isn't excatly that length it is one very long stretch of sand.

    Certainly hope you enjoyed the NZ cricket win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr.Johnston,thank you for your comment.
      Ill be sue to add a photo of 90 mile beach, it is really weird why it is called 90 mile beach even though it isn't 90 miles long. AS for the cricket I really enjoyed New Zealand's win against the West Indies which also lead to Kane Williamson becoming the best test batsmen in the world.

      Delete