Pages

Tuesday 24 August 2021

Writing

 L.I to write a list poem

For lockdown writing this week we wrote a list poem. A list poem is where you list a bunch of different things about your topic. The poem uses repetition in the sentences in between the first and last sentences. It also does not have to rhyme so you can write anything related to your topic. A List poem is a fun way to write poems and I really enjoyed doing this activity because of that.


A Million list poem 


A Million is the days it feels like  in lockdown

The heartbeats we have

The number of possibilities 

The words I’ve spoken 

The number of times I have enjoyed a meal

The hairs on my head

A Million is the amount of times my mom has yelled at me to wake up.




2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Vayan, I see you are working on list poetry. What did you think? I personally thing list poetry can be incredibly powerful and a way to get a point across.
    I personally like the lines 'the number of possibilities' because it allows the reader to dream of all these possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vayan
    I enjoyed reading your poem. The list for A million things is endless and I like the line where you wrote a million possibilities, this gave me a picture in my mind that anything is possible if we try. Your line about lock down is very relatable to us all and a powerful way to begin your poem. I hope you enjoyed writing this poem.
    Well Done

    ReplyDelete