Pages

Thursday 8 April 2021

5 minutes of Camp

 LI: To recount a 5 minute snapshot of one experience you had at camp

Last week we went to camp at Kokako Lodge. My 5 minute snapshot shows my personal voice and I have tried hard to paint a picture with my words to describe what I was doing and how I felt. I found the high meam activity fucn because I thought it challenged me.

High Up


 At first I didn’t think much of it but I started getting scared every time someone went on before me. Before I knew it, my turn was up. As soon as I was given the green light I started, every step I took made me tremble in fear as I climbed up the. If I gave up now I wouldn’t feel a sense of accomplishment, So I kept going. I was now on the staples getting closer to my goal but it got trickier because I had to reach really far. 


Then, I was on the last staple so close to the beam. It was a miracle, now the problem was how I would get on. I put one leg on the beam and pushed off the other, this was a make or break moment and fortunately I made it. When I got on I had a sigh of relief.


Next I had to walk all the way to the other side, this was a massive challenge for me because everytime I walked the beam started shaking, I was so scared I couldn't see properly. I took it step by step and finally made it to the other side. Now it was time to get off the beam, I was so happy. To get off, we had to sit down like we're on a toilet and then push off. 


Now I slowly started descending as my group cheered me on, I was relieved to touch the ground. It was a great experience but I don’t think i'll be doing it again anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your recount, good job. keep it up.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete